Share your ideas with your brothers and friends on this Lou Nuer forum

Questions to be answer by lounuer.

Yien

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Questions to be answer by lounuer.

Post  Yien on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Dear all,

Today folks,Idecided to ask all of you with some questions that concern me the most.Some folks seem to be in dilemma betweeen community and their relation with it.
    Here are my questions:

1-what does the word community mean to you personally?
    2-what is the relationship between you and the community?
    3-Who own the communiy?
    4-why are you calling your self loah?

For your informations,I want each of you to be specific as possible as you can.

thanks

Mayien.

Dnhial

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Re: Questions to be answer by lounuer.

Post  Dnhial on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 am

Community means social organization of people who have the objectives about their future. people always have communities to do their things together so that they can gain positive outcomes of what they have done. we are born and then we are going to die. what will remain on earth is only what we have done. our grand children will know us through what we did socially while we still alive.those who do not contribute to communities are not unknown to second generations.we do things for communities because our histories will be always remembering by every generation after we die. what we say and do is only what make us humans and better than other people. my relation to community is to do what can make my present people good and make our next generation to come better than us.

Duol Nhial

life is a struggle till you die. Nothing comes easy

Doang Puok

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post  Doang Puok on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Dear Yien,

Your four questions are of somehow significance. I would like to explain the first one that says what the community means to me. Community, in any nation, is formed by a group of people who share the same cultural, social, and religious background. Without any of these patterns, a community can’t be formed. In short, community means a way of doing things together. It is a collection of individuals that want to achieve what can promote them.

Moreover, your question about what is my relationship between community and me is that I am an element of the community. Therefore, my part in the community is to do what I think the next generation will benefit, as it has been mentioned already. We do things not only for us, but also for the next people who will come after us. To me, nothing is more worthy than a community. Community is the back bone of any particular people that share social issues

Furthermore, the one who owns a community is the one who commits himself to do what is right for the community. On the other hand, community is for those who organize themselves and do what they think is the best-not just better. But this does not mean one, who does not participate in the community, can leave the community to those that he or she thinks play a big role in the community. That can be for that person’s weakness, can’t it? One who commits him/herself in the community’s works does not do so because he or she owns it, but because he or she wants the community to exist.

I can answer the last question by saying that I am calling myself loa because I am a loa! What do you think?

Thank you

Doang Puk

Gathoth Gach

Number of posts : 31

Post  Gathoth Gach on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Yien, how are you today bro at winsor ontario.First of all i would like to thanks you for those four question you been ask.One again bro, i just want to add on something about what community mean to me.Here my understanding,community is people who unite themselve to work together and sharing the ideas for their feature, not to destroyed
    so that what iknows so far. I also thanks mr Doang puk and mr Dhnial good work guys keep it on.
    Gathoth Looka
    Be truth to your people to beleive for life
    Thanks God bless you all.

Gluke

Number of posts : 98

Post  Gluke on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Dear Duol, Yien, Doang, Hoth and others

Firts of all, I do appreciate your comments on this one of the sensitive issue. You guys have said it all.

Gatluke

Donge

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post  Donge on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Dear guys.
    Keep going on your points they are very clears to every body in the community. community is not me and is not you it is fore all of us and we are called community.
    Donge DM

Yien

Number of posts : 84

Post  Yien on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Dear all,

First of all,I would like to give my thanks to all of you who responded to this piece of writing.I am realy impress by your comments. You guys nail it right.Secondly, community is a collective of individuals who have a common goals culture,language,and so.It is not just how intimate you are.However,it is commitment in definition.Friendship may last.But community can not and never would.Overall, you guys hammered right on the head.

thank you all.

Yien

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 am