Share your ideas with your brothers and friends on this Lou Nuer forum

Please, read this article

Doang Puok

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Please, read this article

Post  Doang Puok on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:53 am

So, read it.

What they have forgotten are the Nuer values and their greatest from Both Dieu, Gai Tut to Dr. Riek Machar and countless Nuer citizens. by Gatluke Chuol
    l.chuol@yahoo.com

It has been said “1901 The Nuer and Azande wage armed resistance against colonial rule, killing British officers and soldiers and the Governor of Bahr el Ghazal”

Nuer are always stands firm on their values and patriotism, and are always been a democratic societies. They never back off at any criticism from anyone whether in a war core or in peace core. They always focus on a future and the best for all. In our times started from Both Diu, the focus has been the future of Southern Sudan. In 1947 at Juba conference, Chief Both indicated that “Northerners claim to have no desire to dominate the South, but this was not enough and there must be safeguards. There should be no settlement by Northerners on land in the South without permission. Secondly there must be no interference from the North in Local Government in the South. Thirdly there should be a law to prevent a Northerner calling a Southerner a slave” and “Southerners should send representatives to the North not only to study, but to participate in legislation, finance, and administration” according to the document. This is the Nuer ideology toward self-governance of Sout!
    h. Where is that ideology? We almost disagree with every one of our leaders today, while, we the Nuer people always stand firm and behind our leaders. Where are the Nuer values, their ideology and love? Some may ask.

It was earlier 1980s when Samuel Gai Tut loss his life for the sake of our freedom. When he saw the vision of South as is falling in to un-Southerners vision, the so-call-New-Sudan or Unity of Sudan. Which in deed, has been rejected by late Chief Both Diu and Nuer warriors, since wagging war against colonial rule in Sudan. Samuel Gai tried to cool the situation by suggested that Kuot Atem should be the leader of the movement until we figure out the ways to rule the moment. The long term plans that he was trying to proposed, but turned down by some within the movement. However, in my opinion has caused destructions and lack of trust within SPLA/M. Nuer visionaries are always has been about tomorrow and the future of next generations to come. Where is that vision? Some may cry-out, because the only news from Nuer over internet is accusation after accusation, from party to party and who is wrong and who is wrong. Why they are there and I am here? If he is there and is not fo!
    llow me, he is not my Nuer that I know of or share my values with anymore and I will try whatever necessary to destroy him/her. What happen to our values? Some might ask themselves.

Early 1990s Dr. Riek Machar have also saw what Gai Tut had had seen. He led the causes for self-governing for Southern and or self-determination as he explain it, to people of Southern Sudan. The Nuer-ism and or their patriotism has been their values and of the land. Some may argue that they didn’t understand envision of his goals or also may try to use it against him for self-interest within Nuer societies. Therefore, the allegation after one another over the internet within Nuer societies has been soar from party to party, community leaders to one another. Where are the Nuer Ideology and its Values?

At the end, I am here to encourage every Nuer brother/ sister to consider world history that there has never been two great leaders at the same time. Else, otherwise difference communities, societies and or countries. Take United State Of America for example, there are only fewest president we known today. for instance, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, John F. Kennedy and Current President Barrack Obama just to name a few. Therefore, we have to be careful on how our think back about. And also not to criticize ourselves over the internet for inner causes in term of focusing on South in general.

Forgive me if this writing has offended your interest in our society.

Best Regard
    Gatluke Chuol

The Author is resident in Canada and can be reach at l.chuol@yahoo.com or
    On my blogs http://www.glukechuol.blogspot.com

Gluke

Number of posts : 98
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Please, read this article

Post  Gluke on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Hey Doang

Yeah this artcle was written by me and wrote it to all nuer people. but I did not poste it in our website because I thought it is something that I wanted everyone to see.

So, what do you think about it then? or do you have any advise to me since you read it anyone out there have anything to say about it?

Happy to hear from you all

Gluke

Doang Puok

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2008-11-30

Post  Doang Puok on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Dear Luke,

Yeah I brought it here because you have done a suberb job, bro. I really appreciate the way you have constructed it more than you can imagine. This is why I have brought it here because I need our brothers and sisters here in our website to take a look at this outstanding article written by their brother, you! Moreover, I have brought it here because I want everyone of us to praise you for this article. You did it, man. We need to praise or encourage ourselves in order to take another step next time. We need to know that now a day people need to be praised while they are alive, not after death like what past generations used to. We cannot praise only those we do not know. We have to praise ourselves as well, though it seems tedious to some.

Once again, thank you for asking me why I have brought it here. You are right because I just put it on the web and said nothing.

Bidong Puk
    Ontario, Canada

Gluke

Number of posts : 98

Post  Gluke on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Doang i am very please for your kind words and thank you. Your encourage meant alot to me bro. and you are doing surp too Doang by feeding us with what happening in others sources.

Keep informs

Best Regard
    Gluke

Gathoth Gach

Number of posts : 31

Post  Gathoth Gach on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi, Mr Gluke, what the greates story that you been reminder every one of us in this society to think about that background.Gluke you know what, this Nuer people are not looking the same as the way they're before bro.The reason why isaidthat his this, if you look back from what you mention about Both Diu, during that time i means Both Diu, geniration they are realy defirence from us because they think about Nuer people life ingeniral they're not like our geniration because in this

society every body love he or her self if I'm wrong late me too.I think we all gona realize about Dr Riek Machar,what he done almost twety years ago in coming May 1990s went he decided to run away from Tuchot chahara or John Garang party.How many people lose their life at that time because of him we all thought that he think about our life.Now how 's Mr Riek look like atthis time do you think that his him or somebody else?for those who lose their life in that times are LouNuer and Nuer Gajak,am my right?An then it seem in 1998 went he return back to John Garang he be came a deffirence person until today.Look from 2005 went the CPA been signed Southernes tribe 're still fighting against one another and no mouth open fore example,Lou nuer and their neibhoor Murle'now are in defficull sitaution and no once worried about those enisen people and his a Vice President of South Sudan,can you believe that bro.So that's areason why I say that,this Nuer people are not on the the track as they were before during mr Gatdiu.Big apperchation to you bro good work I hope we all have to think back the same way too,peace be with you.To be leader,first you gona put you people foreward and also respect them as well anthen they will follow you where you go and they gone believes what you said to them.Remeber this,good could change his society

Thank you all so much
    Gathoth Looka
    CHANGE CAME WENT WE TALK

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 22, 2017 11:17 am